LINKING TOWNS & VILLAGES ACROSS DARTMOOR AND BEYOND WITH LOCAL NEWS AND EVENTS
The LOCAL newspaper for Dartmoor and surrounding area!
THE MOORLANDER is highly regarded for its engaging mix of local news, features and outstanding photography, reflecting the unique area in and around Dartmoor.
Originally founded in June 2016 by former Fleet Street photo-journalist Stuart Clarke, ownership of the newspaper changed hands in January 2018,
It continues to build upon its hard-won reputation for highlighting local issues and campaigns that frequently catch the attention of the national media.
Since its launch in 2016 it has reported on and campaigned against NHS closures and the wastage of NHS equipment which we brought to the attention of the national press and media. It has since instigated national policy change after the Mail on Sunday took up our campaign.
- Since the beginning of 2018 THE MOORLANDER’s distribution has extended into areas of Exeter and Plymouth, the South Hams and communities north of Okehampton including Hatherleigh and Crediton. It is now available in Cornwall border towns such as Launceston too.
- Priced at just 50p – THE MOORLANDER is the LOWEST-PRICED newspaper in the region – over 5,000 copies are distributed every fortnight to your favourite village or community shop, local newsagents and convenience stores, petrol stations and ALL major supermarkets throughout Dartmoor and the wider Devon region.
- Complimentary and promotional copies are also delivered to hotels, restaurants, cafés, pubs, doctors, dentists, vets and selected tourist attractions throughout the region.
Inspiring articles & features include:
- Local news and events
- Campaigning on issues that are important to you
- Major interviews with prominent local characters, celebrities or leaders in our TM2 supplement
- Local Property section
- Comprehensive Arts & Entertainment section including reviews, profiles and interviews with authors, artists and musicians
- Equine, Farming, Health and Beauty, Antiques & Collectibles, Green Issues, What’s On Locally
- Motoring, Gardening, Food & Drink, Puzzles and Brain-teasers
- NEWS & SPORT – Results & league tables from across the region in our extensive sports section
In April 2019, The Moorlander was nominated and shortlisted for “The Society of Editors’ Regional Press Awards” with its Drugs Awareness Campaign. Following the tragic death of two local teenage girls in two weeks, the paper worked on a report into “County Lines” where drug gangs in the metropolitan areas such as London, Manchester and Liverpool find new clients in rural areas, especially the South West.
The Moorlander newspaper is published fortnightly by The Moorlander Limited, TEAM House, 19a East Street, Okehampton, Devon EX20 1AT Registered in England & Wales No: 11166438 VAT Registration No: 308 3765 93